Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 9



Assignment 2
In general I do think that they are somewhat successful. They try to bring out certain characteristics of the books. I would have to say that none of the trailers listed in the Chicago Tribune made me want to pick up the book and start reading it right away. I enjoyed the trailer on The Glass Castle much more because I was able to understand what the book was about and I appreciate her story. I think books like Devotion, by Dani Shapiro, can draw people in if they have had or are going through similar situations.








Assignment 3
All in all, I think it is a decent program. I do think it is a bit drawn out and I couldn't say that my reader's advisory skills have been significantly improved by the Be More Bookish Training. I did appreciate the handful of helpful websites but I feel like they can be located on a branch's FAQ page as a quick resource. 

No comments:

Post a Comment