Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 5

Assignment 1
Since I started with Be More Bookish, I have been following NPR & Street Fiction. I have enjoyed browsing  through 'this week's must reads' and listening to interview posts with NPR. I also chose Street Fiction because it's one of the most popular genres and customers are always inquiring about what is up and coming. One service that I thought was helpful to authors on streetfiction.org is that they offer advertising for new book releases, including publishing interviews, presentations, and reviews.


Assignment 2
So I have never used EarlyWord before and as of now I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. There is so much information on the site it's a tad overwhelming. As I am trying to think of what the site doesn't offer I realize that I only know what I know and this will now be a new go-to for me when I am looking for what's new, what's been popular in the past, genres. etc...


Assignment 3
Street Poison: The Biography of Iceberg Slim ByJustin Gifford
I feel his book will be popular because it illuminates the life of one of America's most infamous pimps, Iceberg Slim. The book travels throughout his rough and dangerous life in a straight forward fashion. Customers may be able relate to the character and his background story and how Iceberg Slim, Robert Beck, turned his life around. Gifford is also able to capture Becks lifestyle vividly in his writing.















No comments:

Post a Comment